progress


Progress on the bathroom… Wall tiling will be finished this morning, only the top row needs doing. Floor tiling next.

The builder/tiler will fit flyscreens to the louvre windows in the bathroom and kitchen and finish the wall between the living rom and dining room. On Friday the plumber will put in all fixtures. The electrician will fit the light on Saturday and do whatever he has to do to get a current compliance certificate for the place (ugh) and the painter will return to finish his part on Monday. Somewhere in there the whole house must be cleaned.

So, theoretically, the house should be ready for photographs to list it mid next week.

All going well.

Keeping in mind that this is Greece and that things don’t always go as expected…

Still, I’m not doing badly considering this is my first renovation in Greece.

On the other topic of disease and pestilence: my spots LOOK like they’re getting better since yesterday, but Lainee has two new spots. Lovely. Given I’m taking an antibiotic for BACTERIAL infections, and it seems to be working, doesn’t that indicate its a staph infection rather than ringworm?

There’s a silver lining to Lainee having new spots: she was able to have swabs taken from the new spots today since they’d never been treated, so now I just wait for the results, not for 3-4 days before we can swab. Cost of vaccine/treatment plus culture: 60e. Second (and possibly 3rd shot if its ringworm) 35e each. (That’s not a bright spot btw.)

Lainee’s spots are more like mine… start off ‘wet’ or just red and then turned scabby. Like a real scab, like hard blackened spots like after an injury… Not the naked skin on Spartacus. And the pet shop lady who i got Malaseb from today who go ringworm from a kitten said mine looks nothing like what she had… I’m really dumbfounded by this!

I was given the numbers for two of ‘the best dermatologist in Greece’ but I haven’t called either yet. Originally I thought what the heck, if I can get this over with faster I’ll pay to go privately… then I remembered the hospital saying they wanted me to do the test after TEN days of no topical treatment. sigh… so even if went privately I’d have to wait those 10 days. So I’d only save 6 days from my current hospital appointment… Maybe. And be out a ton of money…

Maybe I’ll wait?

I’m not good at just waiting. I want things done now. I want it gone now.

I don’t know.

That seems to be the position I take regarding everything in my life lately. I just don’t know.

I know nothing about living in Greece. I don’t know whether I should wait here, go to Paros and return, whether I can make it living on Paros, whether I’ll have to move to Athens on a more permanent basis, whether I should spend money on renovating this house or not, whether I should just get a job and forget about trying to run a business which will cost me 200e a month just for the privelege of having the right to work as a freelancer in art/grooming/whatever whether I made any money at all… ie pay 200e a month every month regardless of earning a cent or not… and then paying about 50% tax on that cent. From day one…

I just don’t know.

I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. I can’t anyway. I moved here for mom and I can’t just up and leave her… but maybe the wisest decision would be to go back to Australia?

I DON’T KNOW.

I’ll put that on my gravestone: Here lies Zefi. She just didn’t know.

z

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.