You’d think I’d have tons to share right?
Well, you’d be wrong.
It all started last week when I had to use my day off to drive a whole lotta stuff into the city and to the gallery where Wayne had organised work take part in an exhibition. Then I drove into the city both Saturday and Sunday cause Wayne was the only person who put his hand up to man our part of the exhibition. That meant I spent two days in Hobart… not bad in itself. I watched a couple of movies and had coffee out and did some shopping… But they were days not spent at home, working on… oh… I dunno… anything!
Then, on Monday we had to go back into Hobart to take down the exhibition… more driving in to the city, a whole day pretty much gone.
We live about 30min or so out of the city, more in traffic. But going into the city always blows out. You try to do as much as you can “while you’re in there” and one hour turns to two and so on.
Tuesday grooming and a great playdate with a friend and her poodle. Fun. We all enjoyed that. Wednesday grooming again, all day. Thursday (yesterday) another drive into the city to pick up the Art From Trash entries this time, ours and work ones.
And today… we had an appointment at the tax man.
All bad news I’m afraid. And that’s for last year. In about a month it’ll be more bad news.
So, you’d think that having spent only half a day out today, I’d be champing at the bit to get out into the workshop to make something. Anything.
But no. I’m sitting here, near the heater, trying to keep warm. Tasmania turned the cold on for the first day of winter and hasn’t let up since. Big frosts every morning, pea soup fog all day… Lovely.
I’m just too weary to go out there and work in these conditions. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the next day.
Eh. Who knows.
Meanwhile I’ll entertain you for a bit. Will that do?
I love words, language, etc. So its no surprise I love these:
The Washington Post’s Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supplying a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration(n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who’s both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4.Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future. 6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.
7. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high .
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn’t get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10.Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11.Karmageddon: It’s like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it’s like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon(n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido: All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15.Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you’ve accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug(n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The colour you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you’re eating.
And how about an absolutely amazing website:
Or the funniest ad ever:
Or maybe this is:
This is funny but also hits cute and sweet:
How about some funny images:
Hope you had a chuckle or two.