Its finally finished. I think I started this project about two years ago. Maybe more… nah… whatever. Ages ago.
It sat on top of the wardrobe in the office, a wire bed without a base and without mattresses… But the idea was there. A very tall bed, with a stack of mattresses, fit for a princess.
It was finally time to finish it. I had to put wire on the base to hold the mattresses, then I had to make the mattresses. It wasn’t difficult, just fiddly. I had scraps of fabric and batting, I made up a small pattern to fit the bed and got making.
Its a bit wonky but that’s part of the charm, its all hand made without jigs or anything.
I love working with wire, I’ve made a few beds, cups, a teapot and other stuff, but this is the first TALL bed I’ve made. What fun.
Sorry for the pics, Its really hard to photograph wire items!