It started out as an offcut of pine from the shelves I made for the office. Never let bits of wood go to waste if they ‘might come in handy one day’, right?
I used the steel wool in vinegar method to age the wood, then gave it a bit of a sand to soften it. I tried transferring the type to the sign but that was a bit of a failure. I had to fix it up using a sharpie, but thats ok.
That’s when I took my first break. I didn’t like the type. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but then it just didn’t do it for me. I let the sign sit in the office for weeks before I thought I’d try putting an image on it… socks of course. I couldn’t find many socks pictures I liked so I settled for this one. Looking at it now, I’d probably have done it differently, but hey. Its done now. I just glued the cut out images to the sign and gave it all a coat of clear varnish.
At that point I gave it a bit more of a rest. Longer this time.