So, when I started my whole ‘clean out the shed, get organised, streamline my life, find the circular saw’ kick, I found this little beauty and briefly considered tossing it out.
Briefly. Very briefly.
I just couldn’t do it. Sometimes a vision is worth pursuing.
I was seeing it as a lamp. Or a clock.
A clock doesn’t need wiring so that won out. I bought a clock mechanism on ebay and proceeded to rip the guts out of the heater. Actually, I didn’t rip it all out. I loved the coiled springs so I kept those, just took out all the wiring.
I had to drill a hole in the front mesh to fit in the clock, then put it all back together.
Then promptly pulled it all apart again… The clock mechanism I got came with simple black hands which just didn’t work. Too dark.
I took it apart and sprayed the hands with Antique White USA gloss. Much better.
I put it all back together. Admired it a while. Then daylight savings ended. Now I avoid looking at it cause I have to take it apart again to change the time.