I’m so impressed with myself.
Well, the stuff that doesn’t yet have a home had to go SOMEWHERE… Most of the stuff in there is empty boxes and some larger items I need to makeover. I’ll eventually sort them into some semblance of order.
My theory is that I’ll work on, finish, and move things out thus creating space!
The workshop areas are workable now at least. I’ve mostly organised things by type and use and found a place for almost everything.
I’ve even been making an effort to put things back when I finish using them.
That won’t last.
At least I can now work on a few things. I’ve already started two projects, like this chest of drawers makeover…
One thing that wasn’t planned in the cleanup was a new workbench, but while cleaning I moved this badly made, rickety bench from the laundry area into the workshop. I added cross pieces and a shelf to stabilize it then fixed the drop saw onto it. Its still the ugliest, badliest made bench ever cause I just kept adding bits till it stopped wobbling, but I now have a permanent home for the saw and don’t have to move tools all the time. Always a good thing.
Another area I managed to clean up and out is the grooming room. This is what it looked like before:
And here is is now. Not perfect, but way better.
Here’s a closeup of the old sign I have on the grooming room door. This is a sign I made for my house in Fentonbury. I had it on my gate for the 8 years I lived there. Pantone being the prefix I bred and showed poodles under.